Yesterday during that little fall to 2869 and the subsequent small vix spike of about 4%, I got on some upside adjustments (bullish BWBs) to get my negative deltas down. I should be good for another 2-3 weeks re adjustments for the upside 🙂 Everything is pretty much balanced and neutral. I have good modeled theta for the month. 30 days should result in a 5-6% increase in profit. I am pretty much fully capitalized with my PC matching my balance. Good timing for the upcoming trip. As time goes further, I’ll look to harvest and I’ll also add 10-20% more STTs if we get a big spike in VIX. Else, it’s just collecting theta time.
Month: April 2019
An update on the travels portion of this blog :
This should be a different summer than usual as I usually do a 3 month road trip in Europe. We won’t be doing that this year rather we’ll be back and forth from Cayman in mini trips from April till August.
We’ll be kicking things off by starting a 22 day road trip up the west coast starting in San Diego and reaching Seattle. We got an Au Pair meeting us in San Diego so there will be plenty of adult time. The plan is to stay in San Diego for 4-5 days, before making our way to LA for another 4-5 days. We booked a brunch at Crossroads which should be cool. We’ll hit up Universal and maybe the LA comedy club and of course every stop we will frequent every famous vegan restaurant that we can find. After that we’ll hit up San Fran and make our way to Portland then Seattle to finalize the trip. Looking most forward to Portland.
We’ll then head back to Cayman for a few weeks. Then we’ll do a 3 week trip to Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and finally Denver as well as the Moab Desert. We’ll see a band called The Architects play (a great metal core band). I am not a huge fan of their latest album but it’s OK. I would much rather see Heaven Shall burn or Hopesfall but alas, they will do.
The day after that concert I will play the Millions North America (Party Poker tournament), good timing. We will then make our way to Ottawa and see Iliza (comedian) and end the Canada portion of the trip in Toronto. That will be followed up by a week in Denver and the Moab Desert for a wedding
From the Moab, I’ll depart solo to play a handfull of WSOP tournaments (Millionaire maker, Marathon and a few others) before returning to Cayman for another 2 weeks.
On Jul 1 I then will return to Vegas for the WSOP main event. At the end of July we’ll take off for Europe but just for a 3.5 week mini trip before returning for the kids new school year. Busy busy.
Busy but fun summer. I’ve got a poker coach now so I’ll be studying hard for those run of tournaments. Hoping to cash a few this time around. I want another deep run 🙂
Apr 2 2019 Trade Update (STTBWB+BSH and BSH Factory)
Been a while,
Figured I’d post an update on my results from the last year based on my total account value, so actual returns as well as what I expect going forward. My account has gotten larger and thus the complexity of what I do and how it’s managed has gotten more difficult in regards to flexibility of strategies etc. All I do now is manage portfolio sized STTBWB+BSH and BSH factory. This is probably all I’ll do in complex options for the foreseeable future.
My YTD is 11.96% or more specifically Q1 (Jan 1 to Mar 29)
My 9 month return is 29.27%
My 6 month result is 17.5% (this includes a mess of things that didn’t do so well in Oct/Nov/Dec and are resultant from trades I no longer trade–>HS3, Rhino etc). If you remove these, it’s much closer to 25%-27% for the base portfolio trade mentioned above. IE right on target.
My 1-year is 40.96% Mar 31-Mar 31 which does include a portion of amped up Feb 2018 recovery.
My expectations going forward are a yearly CAGR of about 40% for the main portfolio trade combined with some base trade returns of about 10% giving a total expected of 50% return on total capital. My actual for YTD extrapolated is suggesting 48% which fits right in line. I have no more catastrophic risk in Black swans and events. Everything is boring, simple in its management and I guess that’s the way it should be.
I’ll be looking for higher vol days for more entries and removing risk by harvesting but other than that. Easy days.